Do you like our idea of moving senior dogs from shelters to showcase them on couches in a setting that feels like home? You can be a part of this. There are many ways you can help.
Adopt one (or more) of our dogs.
Donate. It is easy to make a donation. Every dollar helps!
Visit us. The best way to understand our mission is to see it in action. See who is here today. Tell us what type of dog you would like to adopt. Visit often.
Shop. We have high-quality treats, toys, and accessories for your furry friends.
Post photos of our dogs to social media. Help us spread the word!
Tell your friends about us and our mission.
Volunteer. When you visit our adoption site, speak to the store manager about volunteer opportunities or email our Volunteer Coordinator. Join us!
TRN Volunteer Daily Responsibilities:
Tucson Rescue Now runs solely on volunteer help. We want to thank you for your time, love, and support for senior dogs. Volunteer hours are from 11 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
While in Store:
- Sign into the volunteer book in the back kitchen to log hours.
- Check water bowls regularly.
- Keep the dogs calm and quiet.
- Please put all of your attention towards the dogs, minimize phone usage and no reading.
- Rotate time spent with each dog, they all want your love.
- Encourage people to go into the playpens to pet the dogs instead of reaching their hands over.
- Children must be 13+ in order to go into the playpen and pet the dog with a guardian present.
- If a customer wants to go into a playpen to meet a dog, leave the playpen if you are present in order to direct the dog’s attention solely to the customer.
- Monitor customers interactions with the dogs.
- Monitor customers when they are looking at merchandise.
- You are allowed to brush the dogs.
- Please ask before giving the dogs treats.
- Only volunteers are allowed to walk dogs, if a person is considering adopting a volunteer must go on the walk with the adopter.
Taking the dogs for a walk:
- Take the dogs out for walks every 30 minutes.
- When taking the dog out, use the yellow ‘adopt me’ leash and make sure there is a poop bag attached.
- Wrap the leash around your wrist when walking the dog to make sure the dog is secured.
- Walk straight out the TRN store and depending on the dog’s health walk down the stairs or take the elevator.
- During the summer to protect the dogs’ paws please walk in shaded areas.
- If the dog poops please pick it up with a poop bag and dispose of it in a trash can, if the dog pees on the cement wash with bleach and water.
- Do not let the dogs interact with any other dogs while on the walk.
- Try to avoid children, they must be 13+ in order to pet the dogs if an interaction occurs.
The last 30 minutes of the day are for cleaning/closing, volunteers are required to help with these tasks.